Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Words for Wednesday!!

Post #2! I am proud of myself for making it to week 2! Still determined to reach as many people as possible.
      Here is what I have been thinking about this week:
It's not even July yet and I am beginning to get anxious about school. It will be quite a transition for Aiden and Macie. Going from public to private school, going from 25 to a class to possibly 12 or 14 to a class. Leaving friends, making new ones... pretty much a whole new world for all of us. I am excited yet nervous! Mostly for A, this is a fresh start! He is very happy about most of it. Even the uniforms =) But as parents we are having freak outs because we are removing all in school supports. He will navigate school for the first time in 5 years with no IEP. YIKES!!! (that's enough to send me through a package of oreos in no time!). I am confident he can do it! But a Mama still worries.

       So this worry wart's list has grown by leaps and bounds. Will his tics increase, decrease, or standout more? Will they see the potential we know he has and encourage him? Will his Social filter maintain when appropriate? Will he be able to manage a belt and keep his shirt tucked in? Do you want to hear more? I won't go on. But Here is all I want in a nutshell above all things, I want
to laugh and be a happy kid! inside and out!
     
        So have a wonderful week! Here is a question I leave you with: How has your life been touched by Aspergers/Autism? Please Share your stories.

Until Next Time,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment